Waiting for him is his coach, who is experienced and knows all his fighter’s strengths and weaknesses and everything about the opponent. The coach has a wider perspective of the ring and can tell the boxer things he didn’t notice while in the fight.
Having a good coach in your corner is essential in boxing, and—you guessed it—in life.
An Executive Coach is someone who is focused on you and your specific needs and goals. Your coach can help you see yourself more clearly, be more productive, streamline your work, introduce you to new ideas, help you organize your life, and more.
Here’s my Top 10 list on the topic.
An Effective Executive Coach:
- listens deeply to what you say—and do not say.
- provides accountability. Are you a procrastinator? She’ll help you get back on track.
- allows you to vent your frustrations in a productive way.
- is objective and provides an outside perspective.
- helps you identify and document your goals, and holds you to them.
- introduces you to new tools, new ways of thinking, and new approaches to conquer challenges.
- gives you honest feedback about what she is seeing and hearing so you can become an observer of yourself.
- offers consulting, hands-on help with business plans, resumes, performance reviews and other business processes and documents to help you move your career forward effectively.
- doles out tough love when needed. Your coach won’t let you sabotage yourself from getting what you truly want in your career and in life.
- provides a confidential space for you to explore your next chapter and make real progress towards it.
Any professional can benefit from the support and guidance of an Executive Coach—whether you are considering a career change, want to make a move within your current organization, or are seeking greater career and life balance.
So…are you convinced yet? Do you think coaching might help but are unsure or nervous about taking the first step?
Please contact me to book a complimentary 20-minute 1-on-1 session. It’s painless, I promise. Let me help you start the process to getting your career and your life on the path towards fulfillment.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Image Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jev55/5607141323/