What makes a great leader – and a great life?
On Thursday, June 19th, at 5pm PT / 8pm ET, I am featuring my friend and mentor Peter Weis, VP and CIO of Matson Navigation Company, in my monthly teleseminar series, A Chat with Mer. Peter has been selected one of the CIO 100 by CIO Magazine and will accept this prestigious award later this summer. A good friend, he and I recently sat down to preview his acceptance speech for the award ceremony, on the topic of dispelling the myth that personal fulfillment and organizational profitability are mutually exclusive.
Please join me for:
A Business Leader’s Search for Meaning
This is a rare opportunity to hear how a successful executive blends achievement of key company objectives with a strong commitment to personal values, employee engagement and community impact, and how you can find similar success.
What you’ll learn:
- Why it is essential to find work you get lost in
- How to avoid the pitfall of mistaking competence for meaning
- How to become an observer of your own life and make decisions from that place
- How to carve time out to make meaning in your work
- What you must give up to become a truly great leader
This no-cost teleseminar is an interview I conducted with Peter a few weeks ago and will play at 5pm PT / 8pm ET. The replay will be available starting June 20th in my resource library, The Career Space.