In mid-July I headed north to Portland, OR for my annual pilgrimage to the World Domination Summit (WDS).
WDS is an event I plan my year around because it inspires me and helps me reground myself in my passion for the work I do and the life I reach for.
To give you a sense of what it is like, I thought I would recap my favorite quotes from this year’s event:
1. To get yourself to do something you are having trouble finishing like writing a book, “Write a $1000 check to an organization you hate and give it to a friend to send in on a certain date if you don’t finish when you say you will.” – Joe Bunting
2. “Worrying is not an investment in preventing bad things from happening.” – Vanessa Van Edwards
3. “When you think you are done, you have only tapped into 40% of what you are capable of.” – Rich Roll
4. “Change your plate and save an animal’s life.” – Rich Roll
5. “Hope is the foundation upon which resilience is built.” – Charles Hunt
6. “We overestimate how much control we have, and underestimate how much choice we have.” ¬-Charles Hunt
7. “Make a way out of no way.” -Charles Hunt
8. “You’re living in contraction, not in the expanded version of yourself…dominate the world with your light.” –Agapi Stassinopoulos