How to Dominate the World in 8 Fantastic QuotesSeptember 6, 2017
Adopt a Family This ChristmasDecember 2, 2017
What do blessings look like these days?
At this time of Thanksgiving, I sat down to make a list of things I’m thankful for. What a shift from my normal way of thinking, obsessing about the mountain of to-dos I have yet to conquer.
It is so solidifying and valuable to train a lens on what makes life wonderful, and what we are grateful for.
Here’s a list of everyday things that make life feel worthwhile, special, and worth giving thanks for to me, in the hope of getting you started on your own list.
Feel free to borrow mine if they apply to you!
Creature comforts & serendipity:
- Brewing tea in my favorite cup.
- Pulling on long cozy socks on a cold day.
- Relaxing into a steaming bath at the end of a frenzied day.
- Petting the soft coat of your dog (or cat) as part of a morning cuddle.
- Curling up with a good book under a warm blanket in a comfy chair.
- Enjoying a fantastic piece of dark chocolate.
- Discovering the swirled design on top of a latte.
- Happening upon a festive holiday display in a store window.
- Waking up refreshed after a good night’s sleep.
- Starting the day off with a guided meditation.
- Finishing a workout and the feeling of peace and relaxation that comes afterwards.
Engaging with community & family:
- Spending an evening with family or friends watching a fun movie.
- Smiling at a stranger and having them smile back.
- Realizing you don’t have to do everything yourself and that it’s okay to ask for help.
- Spending time in the car commuting with a child, hearing about their day.
- Baking treats in the kitchen with children.
- Knowing that your family accepts and loves you, just as you are (and you them).
Reaching for dreams:
- Untangling a thorny challenge that you’ve been facing, and crafting a workable solution for it.
- Harnessing the support of others around you to keep you accountable to a long-cherished goal.
- Surrounding yourself with people who make you better, and who help you grow past your comfort zone.
- Giving back in your own way to help make the world a kinder, better place.
- Putting your creative contribution out into the world.
What would you add to your list?
Photo by John Silliman on Unsplash